Tuesday 3 November 2015

Psoriasis Awareness Week 2015

Firstly I want to say a big thank you to everybody who has viewed, shared, tweeted, liked and responded to my recent contagious post for UK Psoriasis Awareness Week - I've had such amazing feedback already and am so proud that I could be part of something so special.

There's a lot of us out there battling with similar things, which is why it is so important for us to talk about it in order to realise that we're not alone and that we have nothing to be ashamed of. I wish I'd have found this support and spoke out about it at a much younger age, as looking back I do regret that I let it stop me from doing some of the things I really wanted to do. Would it stop me now? Hell no! Watch me go.

I've just received another video from our day of filming with @PhilipsBlueLED and Schuco. It's similar to the last but this also features two fantastic experts in the field of dermatology - Dr Anjali Mahto and Dr. Adam Friedmann of Harley Street, London.

If you haven't been diagnosed with psoriasis but you think you have it, then my first piece of advice would be to visit your GP and once it's confirmed ask to be referred to a dermatologist. GP's can only treat your condition so much, they're not experts in skin and tend to give very generic treatments that aren't always best suited to you. You might have to wait for six months or so for your appointment, but it'll be worth it in the long run.

Dermatologists are invaluable for psoriasis patients as they are medical experts who are specifically focused on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the skin, hair and nails - they've seen psoriasis of all shapes and sizes and are your best port of call for prescribing treatments.

So if you don't have one - get one.



No comments:

Post a Comment