Sunday 23 November 2014

Hello and welcome...

Hello, my name is Lianne and I have psoriasis.

I caught chickenpox when I was five and as a result I developed psoriasis. 

I am now 28, and after years of trial and error with what feels like every single medicated cream under the sun and several rounds of PUVA and UVB light therapy I have decided to try a holistic approach - researching alternative treatments, exploring the correlation between my diet and the condition of my skin, and embracing a new lifestyle that aims to reduce stress and focus the mind. 

In recent years I have trawled the internet in search of a magical quick fix, an article that will give me the 5-steps to curing my psoriasis and ridding me of this annoying skin condition. I'm afraid it doesn't exist. What I did find was pages and pages of articles describing people in a similar condition to me, having tried everything a doctor or dermatologist can offer and looking at different ways to treat their psoriasis. 

So I decided to start this blog, as a place to share the things that I have learnt, the lifestyle changes I have made and the difference it has made to my psoriasis and ultimately, to help raise awareness of psoriasis and connect with the ever growing Pso community.

I'd love to hear your thoughts and feedback so if you want to get in touch then drop me a line at liannespsoriasis@gmail.com

Happy reading xx

No comments:

Post a Comment